Advance Plus Therapy was founded by Allison Beckford. Allison Beckford is a Speech and Language Pathologist who is a certified member of the American Speech Language and Hearing Association. She is licensed by the state of Texas and she received her Bachelor of Arts degree at Rice University in Sports Medicine and Linguistics. She furthered her studies at the University of Houston where she completed her post bachelor and graduate studies in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Allison has provided speech and language services in a number of settings including public schools, home health care, long term care facilities, outpatient rehabilitation facilities and private practice setting. She has assessed and treated individuals diagnosed with speech and language disorders including fluency disorders, Autism, developmental apraxia of speech, voice disorders, dysphagia (swallowing disorders), auditory processing disorder, aphasia, right hemisphere stroke, and Down Syndrome.
The goal of Allison’s professional career is to provide speech and language services where needed to assist children and adults to maximize their communication potential. Allison completed training in implementing Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS), a tool designed to enable children and adults with Autism and related disabilities to communicate effectively.
We Can Help
- Our speech-language pathologist (SLP) will evaluate your child to determine communication strengths and weaknesses.
- Our SLPs screen for speech language and hearing problems to determine if further evaluation is needed.
- Our SLPs teach patients, parents, families and other professionals about speech, language, and swallowing.
- Our SLPs find alternative ways for people to communicate if they are unable to speak. Examples: pictures, gestures, electronic devices.
- Our SLPs work with other professionals such as doctors and teachers to help patients with communication problems.
- Our SLPs do research to find ways to improve our patients’ communication outcomes.